PEM Offshore Simulation And Innovation Center is pleased to notify Nigerians and indeed Africa at large of her being nominated as the Maritime Training Center for the OPTS Group Local Content Initiative to train and Certify Local Seafarers to International Standard.
The OPTS Group is made up of Chevron, AGIP/ENI, Shell, Total, Mobil Producing Nigeria and Addax Petroleum. Chevron has so far activated and initiated their Contract in which over 40 students/seafarers have been trained and certified by POSAIC academy.
With this initiative, the above listed oil and gas conglomerates will be embarking on the sponsorship of their seafaring personnel on capacity building with the use of POSAIC’s world-class facilities.
Some of the courses to offer for the initiative includes but not limited to the following:
* Basic Dynamic Position,
* Advanced Dynamic Position,
* Basic ASD Tractor Tug Operator’s Training,
* Advance ASD Tractor Tug Operator’s Training,
* Basic Ship Handling Training,
* Advanced Ship Handling Training,
* ECDIS training
* Bridge Resource Management
* Master/Pilot Relationship Training
* ABS Offshore / Maritime Courses
* Radar/ARPA training (coming soon),
* Crane Operators Simulation training (coming soon)
This is yet another great news and opportunity for most Nigerian seafarers, all thanks to the OPTS Group Local Content Initiative.
Article By: L.M.